19 February 2018

LINUX - Installing a package after a fresh installation

[Tested On]
CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core) x64


I installed CentOS on my VM with "minimal selection" which later I came to realize that I required cc, gcc and python compilers to install a couple of third party software. 


I performed these steps :

# yum group list

The required compilers are available in the "Development Tools" package which you will find under the Available Groups:

To proceed with the installation, execute the following command:

# yum --setopt=group_package_types=mandatory,default,optional groupinstall "Development Tools"

This will basically install "all" packages under the Development Tools which I prefer to avoid any dependencies issues later on. 

No comments:

APACHE - failed to start

[On] Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.4 (Maipo) Apache was not running and attempt to start the httpd service failed. The natural t...